2.23.2012

Last Public Post

I have yet to go private because I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to request an invite so this is officially my last public post! Send me your e-mail address if you want to keep following our family.

This post is about my February birthday boys. We had a party for Jack on Saturday and it was so much fun! He's old enough to appreciate the excitement of the day and he LOVED all of the wonderful gifts he got from our awesome friends and family. His party was Thomas the Train themed since he is obsessed with trains at the moment. And our friend Caytee Wankier made the most adorable train cake for the party. Thanks again Caytee!! You're the best!!!







And here he was just two years ago:

Tomorrow is Jared's birthday and I let him open his gift early since it was also his Valentine's day gift. I always said I would NEVER combine his birthday with Valentine's day but that was before I was nine months pregnant, chasing a two-year-old and working. Plus I got kind of caught up planning Jack's party. Luckily Jared hates his birthday so he doesn't really mind that his has been lost in the shuffle.

But in my defense his gift was awesome!! I used some ideas I found on Pinterest and I also collaborated with a friend. I put together a year of prepaid dates and made a brochure telling him he had been enrolled in the "Date of the Month Club". Some of the dates include: tandem biking followed by a picnic and frisbee in the park, painting pottery at Color Me Mine, shooting guns at the shooting range followed by Cafe Rio, a Jazz game, and a hike to Timpanogos cave followed by lunch at Subway.The gift basket also included "Romance Reward Tickets" like, "Doghouse Freebie", "Xbox with the Boys", "Breakfast in Bed", etc. and a bag of Hershey's kisses which can be redeemed for a real kiss at any time.


The fact that he is smiling while opening a gift was priceless.




The jar with the Jazz logo on it is for us to add money to throughout the year so we can get really awesome seats next January. I was sort of running out of money and I didn't want to get lame seats...

So happy birthday to my boys!!! I love you both!


And yes, I am still pregnant. :)

3 comments:

Carol said...

This is Craig's mom. I have loved reading about your growing family. If it is ok, I'd like to be included. cdcarol@msn.com
Carol Carter

Katie said...

I love your idea for Jared's birthday present Dani! So creative.

Tara said...

Dani I would love an invite! This is Tara btw. My email is Troycbuilt@yahoo.com. Super cute party and I love the gift you gave your hubby!