2.15.2011

Let him eat cake...

This past weekend we celebrated two of the four birthday bashes planned for Jack and Jared. Jack's birthday is the 17th and Jared's is the 24th. And we've got lots of family so we started the celebrations early.

I kind of figured Jack would be the baby who just tore into the cake and devoured it. This is generally his approach to food. So I wasn't too surprised when that was just what he did. I was, however, slightly taken aback when he picked up the plate to lick it clean and then rubbed it on his head. ??? Not sure what that was about.

He got some great gifts including a ducky potty chair (that is exactly what is written on the box by the way, I'm not just being annoying), a quilt, a jazz uniform, some bath toys and a few outfits. I am happy to report that he has already used the potty chair. That's right! My 12 month old is potty trained! Ha. I wish. He did in fact pee in the potty but it was by sheer happenstance that he was on it when that particular body function kicked in. And yes I took a picture of his first pee in the potty. I don't care if you judge me because it's gross. I'm not posting the picture so you can get over it.

I put a lot more pictures of the weekend on Facebook. And there will be more pictures coming shortly. The next party is this Thursday and then we've got one on Sunday.








 

2 comments:

Danny said...

Ha you crack me up. I love the cake the pictures. Happy birthday to Jack and Jared!

Unknown said...

Happy 1st Birthday Jack! Holy Cow! I can't believe he is turning 1. Time flies by when your having fun! I hope you guys are doing well!