11.04.2010

To Jack LeRoy Walters

Dear Grandpa,

Today it has been one year since you left us. I woke up this morning thinking of you and how much we have all missed you this past year. Things just aren’t quite the same without you here.

Since you left Jack was born. When I saw him for the first time I just knew you sent him to us with a big hug and kiss and told him to watch out for the other guy. He has changed so much in nine months and I still can’t believe he’s ours. Sometimes I find myself wishing you were here to see him grow but then I remember you are watching and you have a better view than any of the rest of us.

The family Christmas party is coming up and you will be so missed. But we will all be thinking of you and enjoying each other’s company. And soon we’ll have another baby in the family, sent straight from you. Keep the little ones coming. They help us to feel closer to you.

Jack loves to play with your picture. It’s one of his favorite toys. I guess I didn’t really think about it when I put it on that low shelf but whenever he gets the chance he pulls you down and chatters away as he pats your face. Jared always tells me he talks to your picture because he remembers you. You’re his Grandpa Walters.

For a while now I’ve been feeling down thinking about you. But this morning I had a great talk with my mom and I felt peace thinking of your eternal progression. (Thanks for the perspective Craig!) I still miss you so much I want to cry, but I keep asking myself, “How can I feel sad when I know what I know?” I know you’re on the other side working hard and checking in on your family. I know that death is not the end. And I know that I’ll see you again. Soon.

Until then, I love you Grandpa. You’re a large part of who I am today. Thank you for that.
Love,
Your little Olive Oyl

P.S. We’re still taking care of Grandma and keeping her busy.

P.P.S Can you hear me now?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your grandpa was a great man! I have many good memories of us and him. You are a wonderful woman and I have no doubt that your grandpa helped you become just that. I'm so grateful for what we know about life after death. Love ya!

P.S. I can't believe that Jack is getting that big! He is a cutie! We will have to have you guys up to visit sometime. Vanessa and Owen would love to play with Jack.