8.20.2011

Baby Hughes #2

Baby #2 at 9 weeks

It's official! Jack is going to be a big brother. Due date: February 27th, 2012; only ten days after Jack's 2nd birthday and three days after Jared's 26th. The timing of all of this was sort of accidental but we were planning on trying for another one this summer anyway. If this baby comes early we'll have an extremely full week and even if it doesn't February will be a crazy month!

I'll be 13 weeks on Monday so the baby is considerably larger than when this ultrasound was done; as is my waistline. I can't believe how much more I'm showing with this one already. It's like my abs have completely given up. But on the plus side I haven't thrown up once this time around. (Knock on wood. Fingers crossed. Hold my breath.) Although I have felt more nauseous with this one. Go figure.

When this first ultrasound was done our little gummy bear started to kick its legs and Jack waved to the screen. ADORABLE!! I know he'll be a great big brother but I'm also pretty positive he's going to struggle a bit with jealousy. When I babysat the little boy downstairs a couple of weeks ago I was giving him his bottle and Jack wanted to be right on top of me the whole time. And as soon as he was gone Jack grabbed his sippy cup, laid across my lap like a baby and wanted me to hold the cup for him like a bottle. Oh boy. I'm sure we'll have our hands full when the new one comes. 

8 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

Wow, congrats!!

C&C said...

Congrats, Hughes fam! We're excited for you.

Casie said...

YAY! Congrats!

Amanda and Tom said...

Congrats! That's w awesome!

Mary said...

How fun! Congratulations, and good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

Catie said...

Wahoo! I am so excited for you guys!

Karalee Ann said...

Congratulation Danielle!!! Two kids are a handful so much fun as well. You'll love it! I can't wait to hear what it will be!

Unknown said...

So excited for you!